02 August 2010

We who are about to dine salute you!

Lousy picture but an interesting first.  Using a head of Romain, plucked yesterday morn by Miss Jensen at Freedom and Unity farm, I began to concoct my dinner plans.  As instructed by Tyler Florence I combined garlic, Dijon mustard, egg yolks, parm (the king of cheese), oil and anchovies to make caesar dressing.  I cut the Romain in half and gave it a sensual massage of olive oil before placing it on the grill.  I must warn you, as the greens charred it smelt like a high school bathroom after some punks thought it was a good idea to have a joint in between class. I threw on some bread to toast, kinda sorta a crouton substitute, and I fed myself and my gal a grilled salad.   Nothing too amazing but i enjoyed grilling the Romain and thought I shall share.

1 comment: