26 April 2010

Dandelion Bread

Well, yall know me. I like to use plants the earth abundantly gives me out in my front yard to make delicious food. Well, by golly, I've done it. This bread is possibly the best bread I have ever eaten. Here is what you do:

Pick lots of dandelion flowers. Separate the yellow petals from the green part of the plant. This takes a while but get some friends or a loved one to help and it is fun and goes by in no time. Then grind up the petals in a coffee grinder like thing. About 1 cup of ground petals is sufficient. Then mix in the petals with your flour, oil, salt, honey, and baking powder or yeast (depending on the type of bread your making). I like to add some cayenne too. This make the bread start out kinda of sweet and end with a kick.

You can actually add the petals to any bread recipe you want. It gives the bread a nice sweetness that is oh so pleasant on the tongue.

Love yall so big,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment