25 April 2010



Where is the rhubarb? Who stole the asparagus? And the lilac bushes? Florida has me feeling out of sorts. It is April here, but it feels more like July. The 70-degree days have already bubbled into the 80s and now I can't walk to the grocery without sweating like a fat girl writing her first love letter. I am not sure that I can ever accept a spring without gray skies, chance of frost, and rhubarb. But, I don't mind taking what life gives me- I just won't call it spring.

I am beginning to worry that fresh pasta may be the monotony of this blog. Just for good measure, though, I will share one more with you. I think, if you could taste Joe’s velvety pasta sheets, you would understand the obsession. Feeling inspired by, admittedly, some signs of spring, we hashed up the dish to follow.
Joe rolled out the pasta sheets and sautéed fresh spinach with olive oil and garlic. Then, he mounded a dollop of ricotta on a stretch of pasta, and topped it with the spinach mixture, cratering out the center, a perfect nest for an egg yolk. The ravioli was then given a pasta top, edges trimmed, and was dropped into a hot tub of salted boiling water. To finish the dish, I conjured a light lemon cream sauce, made with the zest and juice of a lemon, a bit of cream and white wine, tarragon, thyme, S&P. Lovely.
chirp chirp.
-logan

No comments:

Post a Comment